[Openvpn-users] RE : ADDON: openvpn authentication server, LDAP-aware --client-connect script

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] RE : ADDON: openvpn authentication server, LDAP-aware --client-connect script
  • From: "Thibault Le Meur" <Thibault.LeMeur@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:44:51 +0200

> On Sunday 1. April 2007 21:24, Thibault Le Meur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Interresting... though, not to criticize, but I wonder why
> you decided
> > to develop an Authentication/Authorization server instead
> of using the
> > radius openvpn plugin and setup a freeradius server accordingly ?
> You can still use radius if you want.

Sure ;-)

Note however that, as I said, I wasn't criticising but only willing to
compare the two approaches.

> I developed it this way
> becouse i needed
> to support multiple authentication backends and becouse i
> have several
> authentication backends, where none of them has full user database.

Humm... You can have this setup working with a freeradius server: but you
may not have a freeradius server.

However, I had a look at your openldap schema and it seems that your plugin
have support for more "push parameters" that the current radius plugin.

I think it could be great to summarize/compare the 2 solutions "radius
plugin" and "openvpn_auth" so that new users will be able to choose the
solution best fitting their needs. It might be integrated to the wiki but it
seems that the Wiki is currently down... pity.

Regards and again thank you for your work,

OpenVPN mailing lists