[Openvpn-users] bridgeing setup problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] bridgeing setup problem
  • From: "Maximilian Messmer" <cspm2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:56:17 +0200

Hello,
.
Im am trying to setup an VPN network to secure my WLAN and its driving me nuts! I dont know what I am doing wrong, Ive read a million tutorials but its just not working. Here is my setup:

Server has two nics:
eth0: ip: 192.168.0.1 /24
eth1: ip: 172.23.0.254 /24

Ive connected an AP to eth0 and configured a DHCP server to give out ip adresses on the interface. My wlan client gets an ip, can ping the server and everything is fine.
I can connect via VPN to the server, no errors what so ever. From the client (if connected to the vpn), I can ping the eth1 interface (172.23.0.254) and the server can ping the client.
HOWEVER: I have a client directly connected to eth1 with the ip adr. 172.23.0.3. The client can ping the server and vice versa, BUT the wlan client cant ping the LAN client, and the LAN client cant ping the WLAN client.

###########
# server.conf:
local 192.168.0.1
port 1194
proto udp
dev tap0

#certificate info
#...

server-bridge 172.23.0.253 255.255.255.0 172.23.0.10 172.23.0.20
push "redirect-gateway"

###########
# Bridge start skript:
br="br0"