Re: [Openvpn-users] windows nt

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] windows nt
  • From: moamahi <moamahi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:46:13 +0100

Alexandros Papadopoulos ha scritto:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 12:21, moamahi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>     I'was trying to install openvpn on a windows nt 4. But installer
>> fail. Is there a specific version to use?
> Please read the front page of the website before asking.
> http://openvpn.net/
> OpenVPN runs on:
> Linux, Windows 2000/XP and higher, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OS X, and
> Solaris. An OpenVPN PocketPC port is under development.
The fact that NT is not mentioned does not mean by default that was not
supported; furthermore http://openvpn.net/INSTALL-win32.html say

Currently, OpenVPN runs on Win 2000/XP, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris,
FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, making it one of the most portable VPN
packages today.

Note however that OpenVPN does NOT run on Win9x/Me.

And I found a document
http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2006-02/msg00432.html that
explain that

"To a certain extent, backwards compatibility with NT 4 has been
sacrificed in the interest of better usability and stability on

That is the reason why I was asking. I wanted to be sure, but I red all
I could (mybe not enought)

> Windows NT 4 is not supported.
Now I'm sure ... I cannot
> -A