Re: [Openvpn-users] Setting up a VPN without using a private network

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Setting up a VPN without using a private network
  • From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:57:36 -0500

Won't happen, you can't have private routes and also expect the internet
to route back to the private route you put on the public ip.

OpenPVN clients have to have private ip addresses.

How you handle that AFTER the fact is your task.

Only thing I can think of is use a firewall/router that allows a one to
one natting of the public ip to private ip.

Ps:  Tell Joe Ferris Mike says 'hey' and should have a whitepaper
finished on that subject we discussed on the issue with
proshop.uc.fsu.edu server

Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security
Managed Network Security Services / IT Compliance Auditing / Security
OpenVPN mailing lists