Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory back-end authentication?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Active Directory back-end authentication?
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:58:42 +0100

Ken

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi, all.  I've been poking around and Googling some, and I've seen that
> it's possible, but I haven't seen anybody who's either done it, or given
> instructions on how to do it.  So: any advice on how to set up AD
> authentication?  The OpenVPN server is a W2K3 box, if that makes any
> difference.

I did some tests with Landon Fullers plug in. It required a little
tweaking on the openldap set up with a patch I sent to Landon. The main
 reason for this patch was a timeout issue with AD following references.

I don't know if this patch made it to his source, but you can give it a
try. If you encounter ldap timeout problems

I have not deployed it to a production environment yet.

cheers

Erich