[Openvpn-users] Openvpn Failover configuration

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn Failover configuration
  • From: "abhilash s" <abhilashachu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:22:04 +0530

Hi all,

        Can anybody tell me how to do failover b/w two openvpn
servers? My scenario is as follows :

       I have two Openvpn servers(server1 & server2) Server1 have
virtual IP as and Server2  have . Also I have
connected voip phones through the VPN to the Server1 . So when the
Server1's VPN is down I want to automatically switch the phone
connections to the Server2 . But I have assigned
IP in all my voip phones and how it will switch to the second vpn
server which have IP pool ?

      It will be very helpful for me if anybody gives me the
configuration guidance as I don't get any practical notes about these

Abhilash Subhash
OpenVPN mailing lists