[Openvpn-users] Can someone please help, client + subnet, server + subnet.

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Can someone please help, client + subnet, server + subnet.
  • From: Paul <riainp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:34:20 +0100

Ok guys.

I have a Router. Behind this router is a machine with 2 interfaces, eth0 and eth1. eth0 connects to the router, behind eth1 is a subnet ( This is my side, the side i control so lets call this A.

Across the internet i have for all intensive purposes the same setup. (in reality its a little different but not relevant) Lets call this side B.

If i run the server on A and the client on B, then the clients behind B can contact my clients behind A. But my clients behind A cannot contact the clients behind B. This works vice versa if i run the server on B and the client on A.

I have read the readmes, i have trawled through the mailing list, i have looked at inumberable numbers of examples. I have added the Client-config-dir, i have pushed the routes, we have tried this on windows and on Linux and we simply cannot get this to work.

Can someone please take a look at our 2 configuration files (client and server are attached with some addresses replaced) and see if they automatically see anything wrong.

And maybe if its simply syntax or something is this right ?
In the folder "ccd" we have a file called "client" which contains the line iroute which points to my subnet at A. (This is assuming the server is running on B of course)

client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/config/ccd

Perhaps its simply a routing problem, but please can someone take a look. We have being fighting with this for nearly 2 weeks non-stop.

Thank you.