[Openvpn-users] Local vs Remote iP address

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Local vs Remote iP address
  • From: "a.r." <nube_apple@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

I can get the OpenVPN client to connect to my server if I use the local (internal to the lan) ip address of my server.  However when I try to use my remote (external to all of the internet) it will not work.  I get the following error messages (subset):

TLS Error: client->client or server->server connection attempted from x.x.x.x:xportx
TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

I have my nat router port forwarding the right port to the openvpn server.  Can anyone think of something that may be causing this?  Thanks in advance.

Do You Yahoo!?