Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn-auth-pam.so problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn-auth-pam.so problem
  • From: Giancarlo Razzolini <linux-fan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:50:38 -0300

yan wrote:
> I think you can't just copy the path from the howto.
> You should sure where is the openvpn-auth-pam.so module. From the log message
> the server can't find this module in this path.

First, try increasing the verbosity to a number grater or equal than 7.
Then the auth-pam plugin will be much more verbose with you. Then take a
look at the logs, they will surely help you. If not, then try creating a
 separate service entry for openvpn in the /etc/pam.d directory,
pointing to system-auth. And thirdly you might want to take a look an a
plugin i developed for openvpn that authenticate users from shadow:

Try it if you are authenticating plain unix users. If you are using pam
to authenticate users on an ldap directory, or nis, then keep using the
auth-pam plugin. If all of above doesn't solve your situation, then
paste your log here (with verbosity grater or equal to 7).

My regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199
Moleque Sem Conteudo Numero #002
Slackware Current
OpenBSD Stable
Snike Tecnologia em Informática
4386 2A6F FFD4 4D5F 5842  6EA0 7ABE BBAB 9C0E 6B85