Re: [Openvpn-users] Replacing Mailing-List by Forum !!

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Replacing Mailing-List by Forum !!
  • From: Shish <shish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:37:25 +0100

> I would urgently suggest to replace the Mailing-List by a forum
> /bulletin board.

Speaking as someone who's made this argument in many other mailing
lists: No. There are many places where forums are more appropriate
than mailing lists, but a relatively quiet, plain text only discussion
place isn't worth the switch (for reference, I support forums for places
with lots of discussion, a need for formatted text / inline images /
etc, and / or a really low technical barrier to entry; eg end-user
support sites for desktop software)

    -- Shish