[Openvpn-users] Re: Replacing Mailing-List by Forum !!

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Replacing Mailing-List by Forum !!
  • From: Karl Kleinpaste <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:02:33 -0400

That's a remarkable observation to see come from someone @email.com.

> The traffic in this Mailing-List is much to high, the search features are
> very unconvenient.

296 msgs in the last 30 days ~= 10msgs/day -- that's "much too high"?
Meaning no offense, your sensitivity is what's too high.  This list is
positively quiet.  Perhaps you need to develop a better skill in
determining what is personally important enough for you to read.

Mail search features can be quite impressive, but good search requires
a good mailer.  Don't use a crippled mail client.  (For myself, I run
Gnus, with its "nnir" module using swish++ for search purposes.)

> Nearly all other software communities introduce forums.

You might reconsider that claim in the context of the hundreds,
possibly thousands, of lists hosted by e.g. sourceforge.