[Openvpn-users] Re: IPCop, Zerina, Tunnelblick, and OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: IPCop, Zerina, Tunnelblick, and OpenVPN
  • From: "Lawrence Bean" <lbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:07:50 -0400

Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>I believe it's rc1 of tunnelblick which my MacOS-based users are
>(happily) using;

Hey! That worked! I had to "spoof" the download address from the
tunnelblick page to find rc1:
http://www.tunnelblick.net/Tunnelblick_3.0_rc1.zip
and deleted the rc2 and installed the rc1 and, ta-da, along with the push
additions to server.conf on IPCop, FQDN's on the private network worked
fine. Good that the previous release had not been removed from the
directory.

So, obviously something changed between Tunnelblick 3.0rc1 and 3.0rc2 that
breaks the triangle with Zerina and OpenVPN with respect to DNS.

Folks cc'd at Zerina and Tunnelblick - the full thread can be found in the
OpenVPN archives. Of course, when IPCop goes to 1.5 this may all be moot
... but in the interim i will be nice not to have to type IP addresses
when on the move.

Thanks Charles!