Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn dies under windows 2000

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn dies under windows 2000
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:27:10 +0200

Den fredag 7.apr kl. 7:22 skrev James Harper:

In running openvpn 2.0.6 as a service under Windows 2000, it allows a
client connection for a few minutes but then dies shortly afterwards.
'openvpnserv' stays running, but 'openvpn' disappears. Turning logging
all the way up doesn't show anything at all.

well, show us the log anyway, with verb 5, from both client and server.

And consider using pastebin.com to show us the logs.

While you are at it, show us the config files as well.

The other problem I'm having, which I'm pretty sure is unrelated, is
that the Compaq NIC Management Agent is logging this relentlessly:

"
Component: Compaq NIC Management Agent Error: Unable to open the
registry key "%1". Cause: This error can be caused by a corrupt registry
or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.
"

that might possibly be the problem. What is that thing doing?

A reboot has been done for other reasons and hasn't fixed the problem.

did you try reinstalling?

JonB