Re: [Openvpn-users] using open vpn in place of windows xp vpn

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] using open vpn in place of windows xp vpn
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:18:39 +0200

Den tirsdag 4.apr kl. 3:52 skrev William Warren:

I know of a way to remotely connect a machine to a domain via lt2p. What i want to know is there a way i can substitute openvpn for that so that when you select the dial-in option it goes to the openvpn adapter instead of initiating MS lt2p adapter?

You can run openvpn as a service, but only if the certificate has no password
protection.
That way the user can log into the domain when the computer boots up.

HOWEVER, this is insecure, since anything stealing that certificate and copying
it to another computer can connect as well. So my suggestions are to make sure
that they can only connect from their home ip, or that they have to authenticate
them selves with the domain to get access to anything beyond the bare minimum
needed for the login to work.

JonB