[Openvpn-users] Re: Newbie VPN setup problems

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Newbie VPN setup problems
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:09:41 -0500

Marko Asplund wrote:
my problem, as far as i understand, is that i need to access servers in the same network where the VPN server is located and that their addresses are in public DNS. i can't just route all traffic to a.b.c.d/25 through the VPN since that would also route the tunnel through the tunnel :-)

how is this sort of scenario typically handled with OpenVPN?

If your client is on a platform where the net_gateway directive is supported, you can use to add a single-host route specifying that traffic to that specific host should still go through the old (non-VPN) gateway. I'd expect you to end up with something like this:

--route a.b.c.d 255.255.255.128
--route remote_host 255.255.255.255 net_gateway 0