[Openvpn-users] Bad bridging setup?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Bad bridging setup?
  • From: Jan Mulders <lastchancehotel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:04:39 +0000

Hello all,

I'm getting this across a bunch of bridged tapx interfaces on my network:

0blade038~/tunnel# tcpdump -i tap9
tcpdump: WARNING: tap9: no IPv4 address assigned
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on tap9, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
01:57:52.160904 arp who-has tell
01:57:53.160766 arp who-has tell
01:57:53.211741 arp who-has tell
01:57:54.160594 arp who-has tell
01:57:54.211706 arp who-has tell
01:57:55.211439 arp who-has tell
01:57:55.317433 arp who-has tell
01:57:56.226309 arp who-has tell
01:57:56.317303 arp who-has tell
01:57:57.226129 arp who-has tell
01:57:57.317133 arp who-has tell
01:57:58.225980 arp who-has tell

12 packets captured
12 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

There's one user connected to each tap interface in the bridge, with tap1 being, and so on. There are no clients connected on the interfaces corresponding to x.x.x.13, 14 or 15 at the moment.
I'm pretty sure this is a very basic bridging issue, I've had a dig around through Google and not come up with anything conclusive.

If someone could point me in the direction of a fix I'd be grateful :-)

If you need more information, please ask and I will provide it off-list.