Re: [Openvpn-users] net use saying "The network path was not found" from client only.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] net use saying "The network path was not found" from client only.
  • From: "Mira Suk" <mira.suk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:47:26 +0100

> Doesn´t sound like an OpenVPN problem if you can ping the server but not
> mount a network share. Are you using an IP or netbios name? If netbios
> name, then try the IP instead like \\1.2.3.4\sharename.

Well, I just needed someone to kick me in right direction, and the aswer is I'm stupid. I thought on XPpro server service is allways started and M$ prove me wrong.

> When running OpenVPN in server mode I always recommend configuring the
> tun/tap device manually instead of relying on DHCP, to minimize the list
> of possible problem sources.
>
> There is however a known problem with XP SP2 in conjunction with some 3rd
> party firewall/anti-virus software that causes that kind of problems.

If it hepls in any way to track this problem I have kerio personal firewall and avg home edition. But I turned both off (disabled their services and restarted) and it didn't help. setting tap adapter config manually seems to be better anyway.

Thanks for help and for great software You and Jon coding.