Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing the server's IP address

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Changing the server's IP address
  • From: Jeff D <blue@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:58:49 -0700

Joseph Bazeley wrote:
Is there a way to change the default IP address so that it does not end with .1? For instance, I want to use as my VPN subnet, but is a router.  Is there a variable I can add to server.conf that will allow me to specify that the VPN server runs at

Joe Bazeley

Hi Joe,

It looks like you might want to look into bridging. Here is the example from the server.conf file. That should get you all set.

# Configure server mode for ethernet bridging.
# You must first use your OS's bridging capability
# to bridge the TAP interface with the ethernet
# NIC interface.  Then you must manually set the
# IP/netmask on the bridge interface, here we
# assume  Finally we
# must set aside an IP range in this subnet
# (start= end= to allocate
# to connecting clients.  Leave this line commented
# out unless you are ethernet bridging.

hth, jeff

Openvpn-users mailing list