[Openvpn-users] Timeouts and routes

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Timeouts and routes
  • From: "Andrew Alston" <aalston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 06:57:01 +0200

Hi all,

Bit of a strange question.  Every 24 hours with my ISP here they drop/reset the ADSL PPPoE connections and assign new ips etc (its to stop people running servers etc).  Now, OpenVPN restarts fine and everything keeps working when the ADSL reattaches, except here’s the problem:

On starting openvpn I may it add specific routes to the ADSL gateway using the net_gateway parameter, when the adsl gets restarted while openvpn reestablishes itself to the VPN server fine, these routes don’t get readded to the new net_gateway, is there any way I can make it read these routes on reestablishment so I can fix this problem, as its proving to be rather difficult to manage at the moment.

Any information would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

Andrew