Re: [Openvpn-users] Setting up Log Server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Setting up Log Server
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:38:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Bradley Alexander wrote:

Another question. OpenVPN has been assigned an official port by IANA. Does
OpenVPN manage connections and port assignments? What I mean by this is that
many listening apps like ssh and telnet listen on a port. The application
then manages connections on this port so that you can have multiple
connections on the same port. Does OpenVPN manage its connections similarly?
Let's say, using the log server as an example, I have 10 incoming
connections, will OpenVPN manage it, or do I have to assign a separate port
for each instance? Is there a way to combine the config files on the "server"
side as well or are those separate?

OpenVPN 2.0 supports multiple clients connecting to an OpenVPN server over one port. Only one server config file is necessary.

See the folowing link for more info about the 2.0 release.

http://openvpn.net/20notes.html