Re: [Openvpn-users] Identd on Roadwarrior

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Identd on Roadwarrior
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:30:56 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Jim Drash wrote:

I have successfully set up OpenVPN on a Linux 2.6 server and am
connecting to to it as a road warrior from my laptop.  How do I
provide access to services on my laptop from my internal network (such
as identd)? Is this something I need to enable in my firewall? or in
openvpn?

Your virtual IP address (the one normally assigned by the OpenVPN server) is available from your internal network, given that you have setup routing correctly.

If you can't reach it from the internal network, then there's probably a firewall blocking the access.

If you want other OpenVPN clients to reach services on your machine, you need to enable client to client communication in the OpenVPN server with the --client-to-client option.