Re: [Openvpn-users] Hardware Requirements

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Hardware Requirements
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:43:12 -0500

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:11:08 +0000, Nicky Clarkson
<nicky.openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are thinking of running over 60,000 users using OpenVPN, with fairly
> low traffic (i.e. less than 50-100kbits per user).
> Not taking into account redundancy requirements, what would be the
> hardware requirements for the server side (e.g. processor, RAM, no. of
> servers etc) for this type of deployment?
> Has anyone else tried a deployment on this scale? Are there any other
> things I need to take into account etc?
> Thanks for your help
> Nicky

I don't think anyone will be able to help without more details.

TUN/routing correct?
60,000 tunnels or are multiple users on a tunnel?  Details here please.
How many simultaneous users and tunnels?
Application latency requirements?

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.