Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN in SANS Poll

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN in SANS Poll
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:17:21 -0500

The Final results are in.

Accourding to a SAN pool it ranks second to IPSec over PPTP.  That is
without counting the application specific answer.  In my opinion it
"application specific" was only put there to show those that don't use
a more universal method (personally I use both ssh and https over
OpenVPN).

Please join me in a virtual toast to OpenVPN.

Which VPN technology do you use / prefer when connecting via an
untrusted network (e.g. hotel)?
52 % =>IPSec
10 % =>OpenVPN
3 % =>PPP over SSL/TLS
3 % =>PPP over ssh
9 % =>PPTP
0 % =>CIPE
1 % =>VTUN
17 % =>application specific (e.g. https, ssh)
4 % =>nothing / other
Total Answers: 1185

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP