Re: [Openvpn-users] Simultaneous Bridging and Routing

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Simultaneous Bridging and Routing
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:18:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Adam Sherman wrote:

I have an OpenVPN server setup to bridge remote teleworkes into the LAN. Now I need to also use OpenVPN to VPN between private networks in routed mode. Is it possible to do both with the same OpenVPN 2.0 server daemon?

I'm not sure what you want to do.

You cannot run OpenVPN in both tun and tap mode at the same time.

However, you can

1. Push routes to a client, even when in tap mode. There is no problem with routing over a bridged network.

2. Run two instances of OpenVPN on one server. One in tun mode and one in tap mode.