Re: [Openvpn-users] GemPlus Smartcard

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] GemPlus Smartcard
  • From: Steven Coutts <scoutts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:17:47 +0000

Didier Conchaudron wrote:

Steven Coutts wrote:

Didier Conchaudron wrote:

try --cryptoapi as mentioned into man page, then you can specifuy the cert with his CN or his fingerprint.

Didier

Steven Coutts wrote:

Is there anyway of utilizing gemplus smart cards to store the openvpn certificates on?

Regards

I am very interested in doing this, has anyone acheived this? We are using GemSafe cards, how do I get the certificates on the card etc.. Anyone got any pointers?

Regards

I use Personnal CAT smart card. The certs/keys are in the smart card but are logically inserted into Internet Explorer Cert Store, so the cryptoapi option is simple:

cryptoapi: THUMB: *fingerprint*

see man page for better syntax ;-)

Didier

I have this working perfectly, for anyone who tries this, Mozilla Firefox can write certificates to smart cards, have to be in pkcs12 format.

Regards

--
Steven Coutts B.Sc.(Hons) MBCS
scoutts@xxxxxxxxxx