RE: [Openvpn-users] TAP32 Driver question (James Yonan?)

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] TAP32 Driver question (James Yonan?)
  • From: Daniel Lehmann <ov_users@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:18:33 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 27.01.2005, 11:17 +0100 schrieb Mathias Sundman:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Andreas Iwanowski wrote:
>
> I've been thinking about this as well. I was having a look at the RASPPPoE
> project the other day and thought -- The source for this driver would
> probably be a perfect starting point for such a project.
>
> Unfortunally RASPPPoE is closed source, even if the it's free for personal
> use... But maybe the developer has some personal interest in OpenVPN, so
> it might be worth talking to him at least.
>
> I'm no driver developer myself though so I never bothered taking contact
> with him, as I wouldn't know what to do even if I got access to his source
> :-)

As far as I remember, Robert Schlabbach (I hope I didn't misspell his
name) is the author of RasPPPoE and he is quite open to the community
(he helped me out of some strange dsl problems one day).

IMHO, if the architecture of his driver fits into this project he is
quite sure the right point to start at.

greetings
leh