Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple connections to my windows server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple connections to my windows server
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:54:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Fernando wrote:

Hello,

 I'm trying to get multiple clients connected to my windows box. Here is my
config file:

port 8080
proto tcp-server
dev tap
dev-node tap
secret key-bonatto.txt
comp-lzo
verb 3

 It works just fine for one client, I've dident put a "ifconfig" line because
its a bridge between my local network and the tap adapter (named tap).
Wondering, how can I support multiple connections with a secret key? If someone
else tries to connect I get duplicate key problem, can I have multiple key txt
files, how is that done?

You can't. If you want to use the server mode in OpenVPN 2.0 you must use TLS mode with certificates.

If you use secret keys, you will have to run one instance of OpenVPN for each client, which also means one tap device and one udp/tcp port per client.