[Openvpn-users] Using OpenVPN with Windows Certificate Services

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Using OpenVPN with Windows Certificate Services
  • From: Mike King <michael.p.king@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:47:09 -0500

I'm going to attempt to use Windows Certificate Services (WCS).  It's
not really my choice, my choice would be to try out EJBCA.

I saw some entries on the Gmane list, I gather that all I have to have
to use WCS is:

1.  A certificate on the OpenVPN server
2.  A CRL signed by the same CA as the OpenVPN server cerfiticate.
3.  Clients with Certs signed by the same CA as the server Certificate.

So has anyone actually tried exporting the CRL list frm Windows 2000?
(I don't have access to the server untill tommorrow, so this might be
a trivial question)

A better question is has anyone successfully used WCS with OpenVPN?

BTW, thanks for coming out with a great VPN product.  I've hemmed and
hawed with FreeSwan for a while (never actually installing cause it
looks more difficult than I wanted to attempt)

Thanks