Re: [Openvpn-users] Static Address Assignment

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Static Address Assignment
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:04:22 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Was wondering if anyone could help me,
>
> Is there any way to make openvpn assign static addresses to clients
> based on the certificate they are using, with multiple clients defined
> in the config file?  (Almost like if ca = whatever then do this, if ca =
> xxx do this etc etc etc)

Of course.

See client-config-dir, client-connect, and ifconfig-push in the man
page.  The sample 2.0 server config file also has comments on how to do
this.

The easiest solution is to make a client-config-dir directory and put
short config files there which correspond to the common name of connecting
clients.

In each client-specific config file, use an ifconfig-push directive to
push the specific static IP you would like to use.

James