Re: [Openvpn-users] WSAEINVAL

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] WSAEINVAL
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:59:50 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Andreas Iwanowski wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm sure I'm not th first one to ask, but google did only turn up a german website.
> Every time I start openvpn (v2), I get this warning/error:
>
> read UDPv4: Invalid argument (WSAEINVAL) (code=10022)

It occurs when you use --nobind on Windows.  Windows for some reason (none
of the *nix OSes do this) produces this error on the first read attempt of
the unbound socket.  This is probably because Windows wants an actual
write to the socket before it binds the socket to a dynamic port.

The error is harmless, though probably OpenVPN should try to filter it
so as not to alarm anyone.

James