Re: [Openvpn-users] Inactivity timeout

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Inactivity timeout
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:32:20 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, richard wrote:

> hi, I've a similar problem: because of keepalive option, my server logs
> every 2 minutes and initialize the connection all time.
>
> but both side are permanent connexion: adsl(380k)---->isp main
> link(4M/s). if the connexion is reinitialized every 120 secondes, dose
> it mean the ping can not be received by server, so that it considers the
> connexion is dead?
>
> which means, if I put a keepalive 10 600, my log file still pollued
> every 10 minutes by all clients. is there any another way to keep the
> connexion alive? ping-restart?

If the connection is being initialized all the time, it means that the
keepalive messages are not passing through.

You can certainly tweak the keepalive parameters or even eliminate
keepalive entirely to avoid the restart test.  Of course if you do this,
client instance objects on the server would never be deleted after the
clients disconnect.

James