Re: [Openvpn-users] Inactivity timeout

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Inactivity timeout
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:21:09 -0500

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:41:42 +0100, richard <rvenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi, I've a similar problem: because of keepalive option, my server logs
> every 2 minutes and initialize the connection all time.
>
> but both side are permanent connexion: adsl(380k)---->isp main
> link(4M/s). if the connexion is reinitialized every 120 secondes, dose
> it mean the ping can not be received by server, so that it considers the
> connexion is dead?
>
> which means, if I put a keepalive 10 600, my log file still pollued
> every 10 minutes by all clients. is there any another way to keep the
> connexion alive? ping-restart?

If this is happening every 2 minutes then you have something
interupting your traffic flow every 2  minutes.  I suspect that you
are experiencing drops due to traffic shaping or exceeding your
alloted traffic volume.

A. Because people read from top to bittom.
Q. Why should I not top post?

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.