Re: [Openvpn-users] GemPlus Smartcard

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] GemPlus Smartcard
  • From: Didier Conchaudron <didier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:03:17 +0100

Steven Coutts wrote:
Didier Conchaudron wrote:

try --cryptoapi as mentioned into man page, then you can specifuy the cert with his CN or his fingerprint.

Didier

Steven Coutts wrote:

Is there anyway of utilizing gemplus smart cards to store the openvpn certificates on?

Regards

I am very interested in doing this, has anyone acheived this? We are using GemSafe cards, how do I get the certificates on the card etc.. Anyone got any pointers?

Regards

I use Personnal CAT smart card. The certs/keys are in the smart card but are logically inserted into Internet Explorer Cert Store, so the cryptoapi option is simple:

cryptoapi: THUMB: *fingerprint*

see man page for better syntax ;-)

Didier