Re: [Openvpn-users] post-connect script with win32

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] post-connect script with win32
  • From: Alex Brett <alex.brett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:03:53 +0000

Michael Renner wrote:
Moin,

there are some problems with an OpenVPN on a XP machine, that is not actually administrated by me. So I'm not sure what exactly they did to configure the machine in that manner.

The installed OpenVPN is version 1.5, the server with FreeBSD has the same version.

The TAP device is not visible, but it is working so far. But it won't show up in the 'network connection' overview, and even when the machine is connected it won't show up in the panel. The owner installed 'service pack 2' some weeks ago, can there be a interrelationship?

I wrote a script, that should be called as a post-connect script as soon as the connection comes up. Therefore a call an 'up' script in openvon's configuration file
up "C:\\Programme\\Openvpn\\config\\openvpn.up"

And in this file there is

ping -n 20 www.heise.de > NUL
ipconfig /registerdns

But when this configuration is enabled:
The route to the vpn is not set
The script is not executed

Any hint about this?

Thanks

XP Service Pack 2 is not compatible with OpenVPN 1.5/1.6, you will need to upgrade to OpenVPN 2.0 in order to get it to work.

Alex Brett
alex.brett@xxxxxxxxxx