[Openvpn-users] DHCP

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] DHCP
  • From: "Patrik Lybing" <patrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:27:03 +0100

Hello,

I got two questions, the first one should be rather easy for you experts :P
I use Windows, and Ive so far set the IP, the subnet, and the gateway for
the tap device, manually. But if I want to use the DHCP, how do I proceed.

In the configuration;  ifconfig iphere subnethere, is clear to me.

But it is the route option Im wondering about.

The reason for that I want to use DHCP instead, is that Ive been
experiencing weird resets of some kind. I use a IP I get from the remote VPN
network on IRC, but I keep getting disconnected from IRC, randomly.
I dont know if using DHCP instead, would make this problem go away, I doubt
that, but Ive tried everything else. Maybe someone on this list have a
clue..

Nothing in the logfiles seems to give me any clue.

Excuse any bad spelling.

//Patrik, Sweden