Re: [Openvpn-users] Routing

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Routing
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:31:08 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Derek Simard wrote:

I can't find anything in the documentation about this, so forgive me if
you see it as obvious in the doc.

I want to assign a route to a network that is on the other side of my
tunnel.  The tunnel is set up as handing out 172.24.2.0/24 addresses.
The server is getting 172.24.2.1, routing traffic to 172.24.2.2.  My
client is getting 172.24.2.6 and is routing all traffic for 172.24.2.1
to 172.24.2.5.   All these routes are automatically created without me
setting anything.  Now I want to setup routes to 172.24.3.0/24 to be on
the other side of the server, how do I do this?  I would like to do it
in the config file of the server and be pushed to the clients, but don't
know very well how to do that with this type of arrangement either.  I
am looking at deploying this software for several people to connect into
the server and communicate to a network of other computers.

Put the following line in your server config. The route destination will be set to the correct for each client by OpenVPN itself.

push "route 172.24.3.0 255.255.255.0"