[Openvpn-users] iproute2 option

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] iproute2 option
  • From: Whit Blauvelt <whit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:49:30 -0500

>From the Change Log:

2004.01.20 -- Version 1.6-beta2

* Added ./configure --enable-iproute2 flag which
  uses iproute2 instead of route + ifconfig

Since I'm using complex rules and routes and IP assignments that depend on
iproute2, should I be compiling with this switch? Has it been fully
implemented and tested?  If so, what is the standard behavior in terms of
commands automatically passed to "ip ro"? I'm a bit concerned that without
having better documentation on what will be done - either with its iproute2
behavior or its default route + ifconfig behavior - I'm going to
inadvertently clobber my rules and routes setup. I see there are hooks to
handle this stuff with external scripts, too, but the goal is to make the
configuration just complex enough, not more than needed.

Whit