[Openvpn-users] Adding routes to a previous default gateway

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Adding routes to a previous default gateway
  • From: "Andrew Alston" <aalston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:04:13 +0200

Hi All,

I was wondering, is there any way I could get openvpn under windows to add specific routes to a default gateway before it changes my default gateway for the vpn.

So for example, I have a default gateway of 165.0.0.1, when I run openvpn with redirect-gateway it adds a route for the vpn server to that address, deletes my default route and reinserts a new default route.  I need a way to insert custom routes to that default gateway before initialization as well.  (That gateway is dynamic dependant on my PPP link, and I have various things I need to default route out of the normal gateway and not the vpn, while the majority flows over the vpn)

Any ideas?

Andrew