[Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?
  • From: jspot <jspotjj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:00:44 +0000 (UTC)

Mathias Sundman <mathias <at> nilings.se> writes:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Jspot wrote:
>
> > Konrad Karl <kk_konrad <at> gmx.at> writes:
> >
> > I am running into the exact same issue. I am trying to use openvpn to
connect
> > to my home network from my office. I dont have control of their firewall,
and
> > from what I can tell it only seems to allow a connection through port 443;
> > however, Im running a web server on 443 on my only ip address. If there
were a
> > way to multiplex this port, I think that it would be very useful (of-
course Im
> > running IIS on 443 not apache).
> > If you would willing to share any progress you've made, I'd be grateful.
>
> Just as a side note. If you are in control of another external machine,
> perhaps at your work, you could set it up to forward tcp/443 to some other
> port at your home IP address. Then just point your OpenVPN client to this
> machine instead.

Yes, this does seem to be an easy obvious solution. I dont have access to such
a machine, but I do use zoneedit for my dns services and they offer something
called web-forwards, but I think this has to do more with dns resolution than
actual port forward. (I tried it, but it didnt work.)

I'm glad to see so much interest in this topic, but since my programming
skills are relatively basic, I'm not sure even where to begin to build
something like this.

Jspot