[Openvpn-users] Using C3 accelerated AES

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Using C3 accelerated AES
  • From: Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:30:52 +0100

I've succeeded creating OpenVPN tunnels between two XP and one XP and one
x86_64 FC3 machine each, all using static keys. Kudos, what a nice piece of
software! IPsec is a real pain in comparison.

I now would like to try using a C3s accelerated AES to create multiple VPNs to
one C3 machine; eventually making it act as a router (creating several
isolated networks for potentially hundreds of machines, mostly Windows but
also OS X and other *nix boxes).

On a Debian system (3.1) I presume I have to check out and build OpenSSL with
C3 support, right? Do I have to specify anything when building OpenVPN from
source? Assuming I want to specify 256-bit AES as the default cypher, how do
I do that in the config file, or supply which compile options?

Finally, will the lack of SHA-1 hardware support in current crop of C3s become a
bottleneck in above configuration?

Oh, a final one: is IPv6 support planned/in the works?

Thanks!

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>