[Openvpn-users] Multiple Connections problem, bug?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Multiple Connections problem, bug?
  • From: Jan van Rensburg <jan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:11:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm using the latest v2.rc6, Linux (SLES9) and iptables on the server side, Mac OS 10.3 client side. The general connections work pretty well, but I have trouble opening multiple connections to the same destination address & port to a machine behind the VPN.

The mail application on Mac OS X is heavily threaded and establishes multiple connections to the mail server in parallel, because I've got two accounts on the mail server, and it also establishes parallel connections for downloading attachments and so on. When I connect through the OpenVPN tunnel some of these connections never gets established, but the "main" connection works fine. I have this problem over both UDP and TCP tunnels. When close the tunnel and connect directly to the mail server the problem disappears again. Is this a known problem, and how can I go about troubleshooting it?

Thanks,
Jan