Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:16:51 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Jspot wrote:

Konrad Karl <kk_konrad <at> gmx.at> writes:

I am running into the exact same issue. I am trying to use openvpn to connect
to my home network from my office. I dont have control of their firewall, and
from what I can tell it only seems to allow a connection through port 443;
however, Im running a web server on 443 on my only ip address. If there were a
way to multiplex this port, I think that it would be very useful (of-course Im
running IIS on 443 not apache).
If you would willing to share any progress you've made, I'd be grateful.

Just as a side note. If you are in control of another external machine, perhaps at your work, you could set it up to forward tcp/443 to some other port at your home IP address. Then just point your OpenVPN client to this machine instead.