[Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: how to share tcp port 443 between OpenVpn and Apache?
  • From: Jspot <jspotjj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:02:25 +0000 (UTC)

Konrad Karl <kk_konrad <at> gmx.at> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:20:34PM +0100, Fritz Elfert wrote:
> > Hi Konrad (or is it Karl?),

{deleted)

> >   SSL-client -> SSLmux -> TCP thru proxies on port 443 -> SSLmux ->
(multiple
> > servers)
> >
> > On the client side, SSLmux would listen on various ports, intercepting SSL
> > Hello Packets and insert 2 private CipherSuit IDs at the top of the list of
> > supported ciphersuites:
> >
> >  1. [0xFF, 0x12] (A flag, indicating that the next 2 bytes are _not_
> >                      a ciphersuite but in reality an application mux
selector
> >  2. [depending on the app]
> >
> > On the server side, SSLmux would have to intercept traffic as well and if
> > a hello packet arrives which contains the above defined CipherSuite
> > [0xFF, 0x12], then use the selector to find the local destination, and
> > hand over the hello packet with the previously added special CipherSuites
> > stripped off.

Hi,

I am running into the exact same issue. I am trying to use openvpn to connect
to my home network from my office. I dont have control of their firewall, and
from what I can tell it only seems to allow a connection through port 443;
however, Im running a web server on 443 on my only ip address. If there were a
way to multiplex this port, I think that it would be very useful (of-course Im
running IIS on 443 not apache).
If you would willing to share any progress you've made, I'd be grateful.