[Openvpn-users] Re: tunnel + router?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: tunnel + router?
  • From: Rudy Moore <the_orn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:28:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for responding.

I modified the routing on the Windows box using the "route add" command on
the command line.  I tried using openvpn and it complains about not being able
to execute the dll that it wants.  I haven't tried putting it into the mode
where it just uses route.exe, expecting that the results would be the same as I
observe.

Here's the network:

XP Client --- Router --- Satellite --- Router Cloud --- Linksys Firewall ---
Home Machine (linux 2.2.14)

The tunnel has to go by way of TCP because that's the only thing the router
will allow.  A minor complication is that the satellite is only available for
about 12 hours a day.

I'm beginning to think that I need to enable NAT on the linux box.  Otherwise, I
don't think the router (Linksys firewall) will know to forward packets to me..

Any help is appeciated greatly.

Rudy