Re: [Openvpn-users] Route add fail with IPAPI and PPP.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Route add fail with IPAPI and PPP.
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:27:11 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, James Yonan wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Mathias Sundman wrote:

Before I start digging into the problem that seems to occur when OpenVPN
tries to add routes on Windows via IPAPI when using a PPP or PPPoE
adapter, there's something I'd like to have explained to me.

I think I figured it out! The endpoint of the PPP link is considered to be "local" by Windows, so dwForwardType in the MIB_IPFORWARDROW struct must be set to 3 instead of 4 prior to the CreateIpForwardEntry call.

And, it rocks! You're the man!

I've tested this patch now on WinXP SP2, and it works perfect on both ethernet AND on a PPP dialup adapters now. 2.0-rc8 failed to add routes on the PPP interface.

I've tested:

host routes
network routes
--redirect-gateway