Re: [Openvpn-users] Route add fail with IPAPI and PPP.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Route add fail with IPAPI and PPP.
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:17:30 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, James Yonan wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Mathias Sundman wrote:

Before I start digging into the problem that seems to occur when OpenVPN
tries to add routes on Windows via IPAPI when using a PPP or PPPoE
adapter, there's something I'd like to have explained to me.

I think I figured it out! The endpoint of the PPP link is considered to be "local" by Windows, so dwForwardType in the MIB_IPFORWARDROW struct must be set to 3 instead of 4 prior to the CreateIpForwardEntry call.

Patch attached.

I havn't been able to test it yet, as I havn't got my old, long since last used modem working (yet) :-)

I've build a new version of openvpn.exe with both your patch and my --route-method exe delete patch, so other people can try out these meanwhile.

See this post on openvpn-devel for more info about my patch:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvpn.devel/851

Here's the patched version of openvpn.exe:

http://www.nilings.se/openvpn/files/openvpn/openvpn-2.0-rc8ms1.exe