Re: [Openvpn-users] Static Address assignment for particular users

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Static Address assignment for particular users
  • From: "Michael Kelly" <mkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:06:41 -0700

***********************************
Michael Kelly
Information Services Junior
Komex International Ltd.
mkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: 1-250-384-1499
fax: 1-250-384-1201
**********************************
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email is confidential, may be legally
privileged, and is for the intended recipient only.
Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by
anyone not the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be a criminal offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and
email confirmation to the sender.

>>> "Andrew Alston" <aalston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 01/21/05 8:45 AM >>>
Hi All,

I was just wondering, is there a way I can give a particular user a
static address outta ip pool range when that particular user connects to
the vpn, and obviously at the same time take that range outta the
dynamic range when he gets assigned it.

(So for example my server has a /24 ip pool to dynamically allocate to
clients, I wanna allocate a single static address outta that range to a
particular client, remove it from the range and leave the rest of the
range for my other dynamic clients)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

 Hi,

You can accomplish this with the --client-config-dir option on the servr
side. After the directive put a path and inside of that directory create
a file with the same name as the cn name in the certificate. In the file
use the --ifconfig-push directive  and send the client his IP address.

For your reference this is well documented in the man page.
Good Luck

Michael Kelly