[Openvpn-users] tunnel + router?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] tunnel + router?
  • From: Rudy Moore <the_orn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:09:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Sorry if this question is too simple for the list... I did look through the faqs
and archives to try to find an answer for this...

I'm trying to use OpenVPN as a tunnel from one computer through another computer
and on to the rest of the world.  I've managed to create a tunnel and can ping
the other machine, but I can't get any of the packets to go on to the rest of
the world.

Machine A (the client) is running WinXP.

Machine B is an older linux box (2.2.14).

I used a very basic configuration file, with one slight difference: I have to
use TCP ports.  The file is configured for bridging (simply because I had a hard
time getting routing to work - I don't need broadcasts).

I attempted to turn on ip_forwarding by echoing 1 into
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.

The system seems too old to iptables.

Is there anything else that I need to do to get linux to route?  Is there more
information that I should have provided?

Thanks!
Rudy