Re: [Openvpn-users] password on startup

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] password on startup
  • From: Daniel Lehmann <ov_users@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:23:11 +0100

Hi

Am Donnerstag, den 20.01.2005, 17:17 -0600 schrieb Aaron P. Martinez:
> On the server machine i run the init script and openvpn starts up fine.
> On the client machine i do the same but get prompted for a private key
> password.  I put in the password and the connection is built and things
> work fine.
>
> Why am i getting this password prompt on one machine and not the other.
> I'm assuming that it's the tls-auth that is asking for the password, is
> that correct?
>
> If i want the vpn to come up automatically if the machine reboots or
> power cycles or whatever, what do i have to do?

You should check, if your key is password protected. For security
reasons this is very useful - you need to have the key and you need to
have knowledge of the passphrase to authenticate yourself against the
server.

If you want to remove the passphrase you can use the openssl command as
follows:
"openssl rsa -in client.key -out client.key"

I hope this is helpful
leh