[Openvpn-users] message too long

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] message too long
  • From: Nate Kroll <krolln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:58:44 -0600

We've had a few oddities happen lately with out OpenVPN server. It's running on debian unstable, OpenVPN version

User report gaps of time when they lose they seem to lose the VPN connection. At that same time, there does seem to be any problems in the logs or anything.

The only thing I've seen in the logs (not only when there there are problems) is this message repated in blocks of 8 or so each time. I couldn't find anything about error codes or anything that seemed helpful, but I could have easily missed something...

read UDPv4 [EMSGSIZE Path-MTU=1400]: Message too long (code=90)

Also, what does this mean?
read UDPv4 [EHOSTUNREACH]: No route to host (code=113)

Obviously it has to do with there not being a route to host...but to a client? I would assume so, but it shows up quite a bit. Is this when a client disconnects and when the server realizes it has disappeared?

Thanks,
Nate